Right before the Fourth of July, the Tuttle-Magees and Fox-Spanglers took a mini-break to Ocean City, MD. Karyn and Tom, our neighbors, have a daughter a year older than LJ. They are two peas in a pod, absolute bffs, and Tom and Karyn are super cool. Plus they have a nine year old son who is equally cool.
We rented a townhome in Ocean City, about a half mile walk from the beach. It was super great, huge kitchen, all carpeted which is easier on EC, tv, internet, decks on every level. We spent the days at Ocean City or Rehoboth and the evenings cooking dinner and begging the children to go to sleep so we could make cocktails. As I've stated, when I travel, I need people to be (1) foodies; (2) not cheapos; and (3) up for anything. These guys were and it made for a really great both relaxing and satisfying vacation.
Unfortunately, LJ was running a fever when we got there (she road with Zoe and her family and they arrived a bit before us), and I suspect she had Hand, Foot and Mouth since EC had it a few days later and Cecelia a few days after that. But she rallied and we were lucky that our second day there was a rain out, so we drove to a tiny island with wild horses, but ended up going out for lunch and returning to the house to relax and read.
Part of the reason I do like the DC area so much is its proximity to the beach. Portland was always disappointing to me for the lack of diverse options (regardless of what those crazy people say). We are trying to take advantage of our location as much as time allows.













Love those pictures! You guys are such travelers. Well done. I hope LJ's fully recovered.
ReplyDelete