We then went on a long walk to the dog park at the bottom of the hill. Louisa was approached by a lovable puppy who jumped on her to give her kisses, but it was scary and he was muddy so she spent the rest of the walk wiping mud off her face. It did not deter her from approaching even bigger dogs in the park however. She was very preoccupied with giving a Saint Bernard sufficient water and following this with cuddles.
Amos had a game for his U-something team that afternoon and Louisa and I went to our Spanish neighbors for paella. They had invited their English teachers for lunch and let Louisa and I crash the event. Although we had a big meal planned for the evening, I couldn't help but eat a lot of the paella. It's so nourishing. I could eat it all day.
As is her wont, Louisa had two bites of paella and played with Alvaro for the afternoon. After Amos's game, he quickly consumed some paella and we set off for Oyamel to meet Xtina for his birthday.
The food was really really good. Exceptional. I didn't even remember the paella which is significant. But Louisa was not a fan of the ambiance (despite our waiter's knowledge of How to Train Your Dragon). There were animal figures on the ceiling which initially entertained Louisa. But after she discovered some scary faces, she spent much of the evening asking to go home, bless her. She finally settled down when she sat in Xtina's lap and looked through her Real Simple magazine.
Then we said good night to Cristina even though Louisa begged to sit in the back seat with her.
And we went home and everyone passed out from the excessive consumption appropriate for the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment