Thursday, November 20, 2014

Photos

I'm tired. I haven't slept well in the past few days. Mainly because, as with my pregnancy with LJ, my most significant late pregnancy symptoms are excessive nosebleeds. Now, as a Tuttle, I'm used to nosebleeds and am an expert at controlling them without a kleenex. But, with the combination of extra blood running through my body and dry air forced through our heating vents, my recent nosebleeds have been unrelenting, and I end up sitting up in bed in the middle of the night for hours, listening to NPR as I try to blow my nosebleed out, or pinch the bridge of my nose, or whatever. Last night I finally had control over it and nestled myself next to Teensy, but the second I turned around, I felt the blood trickle down my throat and fill my ear, resulting in another hour of sitting up and futilely trying to control it. This repeated itself over and over until 5am when my alarm goes off.

I don't know if anyone listens to NPR at night, but it is intense. The BBC is broadcast from 12 until 5am and some of the stories, while incredibly thorough, can be utterly disturbing. So much so that I'll turn off the radio or fiddle with my phone to distract myself from the story. Luckily, last night, the lengthiest story was on the origins of the National Anthem, interesting, not too interesting to keep me up, although whatever - I couldn't sleep swallowing blood anyway, and not at all disturbing. There was one night when a journalist explored the violence in India against the Sikhs after the assassination of Indira Ghandi. It was too much for a 3am nosebleed.

Anyway, here are some fun photos from my new phone of our past week or so. LJ and I saw Big Hero 6 with our buddy and neighbor Alvaro. I thought it was really, really good. And Amos and I saw Whiplash. INTENSE. Very intense.

On our way to the movies!
LJ insisted on a photo with the snowman at J. Crew.
Preparing for her role as Dorothy with silver "ruby slippers".
Fixing her kitty's hair, as one does on a cold afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment