Monday, November 16, 2015

A Tooth!

Elizabeth is 9.5 months and she finally has her first tooth. I need to write this down since I have spent the last four months waiting for a tooth to arrive and wondering when LJ's teeth first came in. I know it was before 9.5 months, but was it 5? 7? 8? I don't know.


I went to Miami Wednesday through Saturday of last week for a conference where I presented a poster. FYI, posters are a great way to get relaxed feedback on research. I had an engaging conversation with an economist from the Fed about heating assistance and fracking. Something I had never thought about. But it wasn't like getting feedback during a presentation where you are trying to hear it, write it down, respond etc in front of 20 people. I also saw some really interesting research. One paper examined the drop in the price of sugar-sweetened beverages in developing countries and the concomitant drop in diarrhea! Fascinating!


I left Miami Saturday morning after three straight late nights. My friends complained about my early exit, insisting that Amos travels all the time, I should have some time off too. But I have to pump and being beholden to the pump gets old. I was ready to see my children and ignore the pump for a few days. Plus, I am such a light weight anymore, I can't take too many days of alcohol in a row. It just makes me want to sleep.


The holidays are coming and Louisa is very exciting about spending some quality time with her aunt. In preparation she has become a huge Star Wars fan, asking us to call her Luke or Leia and calling Amos Darth or Father. This pretty much occupies our time, playing Star Wars or talking about Star Wars. I'm guessing Xmas will be full of Star Wars items.


Finally, we visited the Renwick Gallery, a Smithsonian that had been under renovation the past couple years. Hands down, best place to visit. Other than the Newseum. Louisa loved running under the rainbow thread and sitting in the human-sized nests. It's worth a visit.

1 comment:

  1. Tooth news is almost as marvelous as diarrhea/sugary beverages correlation. xoxo

    ReplyDelete