Last week, Elizabeth had some restless nights. This resulted in middle of the night nursing to allow me to sleep. I just don't have it in me to stay up all night trying to calm a baby when there is an easy solution. Plus then I can eat more the next day. I assumed it was a growth spurt, the weather, what she ate, but this weekend as she opened her mouth in a belly laugh I saw a new upper tooth popping through her gums. This was a surprise given she only has one bottom tooth. And maybe I googled tooth eruption order just to be sure this diversion from the typical order wasn't a signal of something. It's not, fyi. You're welcome for my research.
EC has also finally mastered crawling but in her own way. She keeps one foot flat as she pulls her self while the other leg follows in typical crawling style. She can really get around and my fear of her not crawling has vanished. In reality, she just really wants to walk. So she scoots over to me, grabs my fingers then stands up expecting to be walked around the house. It's fun.... for a while.
We were impressed with her and her second-child glory last night though. We were gathered at our neighbors for a unique MNHH (Monday night happy hour, which is usually FNHH, Friday night happy hour). Louisa, Isla, EC and Cecelia along with a new neighbor 18 months old were playing in the basement as the adults talked about the coolness of Dr. Jill Biden and Downton. Louisa, of course, is always playing Star Wars. Isla was watching in awe only to take breaks to cuddle me (I think she loves me because we have the same color hair), Cecelia was tiring out since her bed time is so early, and EC was just sitting in the middle, playing by herself. She found a xylophone and tapped it expertly. There were no tears, no desperate searches for her parents. She just chilled. This helped me consume three giant oatmeal cookies. Thanks, EC!
Amos leaves for preseason next week which we are dreading. What's more, our new nanny is allergic to cats so may not be able to stay with us since I will need her early mornings and some evenings while Amos is gone. She's so wonderful and energetic and sweet I hate to lose her, but I also need someone to spend quite a bit of time in my house with my children so I can get to work on time. So the search for a new nanny tentatively begins. Also, I have a theory that love for animals is directly correlated with love for children. Although our nanny loves animals so that doesn't really help.
So because Amos is gone for nearly four weeks (!!!!), my mom is coming the last weekend in January and hopefully my sister, or someone!, will come the second weekend in February. It's difficult to not become resentful during this time period because of the extensive travel. But luckily, we will have weekend visitors which is most important for LJ especially. I'm always wracked with guilt thinking that I'm failing her in the fun department and having people around helps alleviate some of that guilt.
Well, it's only 16 degrees here so I better get more coffee! Also, there is a "big snow storm" coming this weekend so I expect to get about 2.5 inches of snow and the whole city to shut down.
No comments:
Post a Comment