Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Growing Up



I’ve noticed over the past few weeks how quickly Louisa is developing. Amos and I noted what a good runner she is, how steady she has become and coordinated. Her verbal skills are unusually advanced as everyone has noted but it is exciting to watch her learn new words and figure out how to use them. It used to be that, if she was wearing something with an itchy tag or her shoes didn’t fit probably, she’d say, “this is buggin’ you”, as in, it’s bugging me. But her grasp of pronouns has improved and she now says “this is buggin’ me”. It seems small, but I find it interesting. 

Claudida
 Her ability to remember names and people is also impressive. I guess in general, even though I have a lot of experience with little ones, raising your own opens your eyes to how incredible these tiny creatures are. She has met my friend, Claudia, twice. Claudia is a loving mother with an enthusiastic husband so they are hard to forget, but I was surprised on Sunday with how eager Louisa was to see Claudia. When we met them (Kenwood Cherry Blossoms! AMAZING!), she insisted on sitting on Claudia’s lap or on Ermal’s shoulders for the afternoon. There was no delay for her to warm up to them. Immediately, she had her arms outstretched to engulf Claudia in a hug. Soon after, she found a teacher and her 8 year old son to sing to and also cuddle with. We had never met them, fyi. The photos I have from Kenwood are great and hopefully I can upload them to my computer.

Finally, one advancement in her learning that makes me a little heartsick is this. She has been able to recite her ABCs for a while now. The highlight of her performance is the closing when she used to sing, “Now my know my ABCDs, next time…” I LOVED the ABCDs addition in her version of this song. But, going to daycare where they surely go over the ABCs, she has modified her version to “Now my know my ABCs”. While this is seemingly the correct way, I enjoyed the Louisa Tuttle Magee style. I guess she is learning and growing up.

Cherry Blossom Preview
I’ll write more about our weekend tomorrow and provide photos. Tonight we are having a seder which I am finding more stressful preparing for given I work full time. And Tod is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment