Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Frozen Snow Day

Last Thursday we were blessed with another snow day (although I'm disappointed to say that the following day was only a 2 hour delay). I believe 6 to 9 inches of snow fell in our area, more in the District itself. Because the temperature hovered around 35 degrees and the snow was March-like heavy/wet snow, it was an ideal environment for sledding. We took Louisa out before her nap and spent a couple hours sledding and having a snowball fight with a fellow sledder. As one would expect knowing Louisa, she loved sledding but couldn't get enough of the thrill. She wanted to go down on her own; when she saw an older girl sledding backward she insisted on trying this. Amos and Louisa even went over a ski jump previous sledders had built.








The previous weekend, Amos, Louisa and I went to the movie Frozen. We LOVED it! Such a great film, especially for girls. Plus, it's all about the Scandinavians who are generally good, liberal people. The three of us have attempted to sing the theme song since but none of know the words. We finally purchased the CD for our trip to central Virginia this past weekend. But before this, we would watch the clip of Elsa singing "Let It Go" and Louisa would be entranced. And sing along! Hopefully I can get a video of this because she really commits. Everyone should go see the movie in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment