We immediately went to dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill in DC because Tina and I like to eat. As we sat in the booth it was as if no time had passed. Louisa and Pia wandered around the restaurant looking at the displays of wooden ducks and pipes. When they returned, she insisted on sitting as close to Tada as absolutely possible.
![]() |
| I know you've seen these photos but it helps with the narrative! |
That evening when we returned home, Louisa refused to cuddle with me in the big bed unless Tada was cuddled right next to her.
It was a sleepless night for Louisa after such an exciting evening. And surely she would've slept better had she been between Pia and Tina the entire night.
Friday, as I worked, Louisa, Pia, Tina and Amos did some sightseeing. They walked the monuments and visited the Natural History Museum because, you know, Hope Diamond. Louisa napped in the stroller as they continued to walk the Mall and I was able to meet them after work.
That night we went to Del Ray Pizza where Louisa toured the restaurant and hung on the iron bars that separated sections. Ugh. She has had a really hard time sitting in her seat at dinner time, but I was heartened to see another mom in my Moms' Group there whose 2 year old was also refusing to sit. At the end of the night we apologized to a number of servers who had to dodge the rambunctious LJ. We also fell in love with the Del Ray neighborhood that night. I felt slightly regretful as we walked the high street and visited the shops before dinner and had convinced myself we should have looked harder in this neighborhood for a place to live. But then I was reminded that there is a pool in our backyard in Fairlington and I got over it.
Saturday, we went to the Baltimore Aquarium. I went here with my family when I was around Pia's age and I remember loving it. Seriously, it did not disappoint. It is expensive to enter but 100% worth it. Louisa was in love with the sharks and the octopus and was scampering around the aquarium with Pia for the entire morning. What I love about this aquarium is that it directs you where to go. I feel like at so many zoos, you have to choose a path which means you miss out on something else or have to double back. Here, there is a very defined path with escalators and mood lighting so you always know where to go and miss out on nothing (also, I like when people tell me what to do).
That evening we had homemade mac and cheese (I have the best recipe) and we relaxed at home after frolicking in one of our (many) local playgrounds. We had visited Target to find some $5 movies and ended up getting Cinderella, Happy Feet and, one of the best movies of the naughts, the new Footloose. I was excited to watch Footloose with Tina and Pia after LJ went to bed but, per usual, I fell asleep putting her to bed and missed out on the rest of the night with them. Bummer.
Sunday we had a lazy morning and then went to the National Zoo so Amos could play soccer with my good friend's fiance. The zoo is always great and we spent a significant amount of time trying to pet the cows at the petting zoo. Unfortunately, they were uninterested in cuddles.
Tina and Pia left that evening, and, in anticipation of sadness, we invited a number of Minnesotans over for the Super Bowl. Now, despite the athleticism and interest of athletics of my father and mother, I am generally uninterested in football, but I AM interested in cooking for people. And Louisa loves my friend Sarah and her fiance Tony so she was distracted by their presence and forgot to miss Tada and Pa briefly. Since then, though, Louisa keeps telling me Pia and Tina will be here soon. If only, Louisa!
We are hoping to go to Portland for the weekend of Louisa's birthday so we can just do a party there at the Goodell's. And so I can go horseback riding and visit Portland Team Fitness for a couple work outs. And visit Renee's new baby (who I assume will be named Charlotte).








No comments:
Post a Comment