Friday, February 21, 2014

Thanks Goodells and Nanny!

A couple days before Valentine's Day we received an Amazon package in the mail. When we opened it, there was no receipt, return address or card. But it was clearly for Louisa. Inside was a Playmobile horse barn with horses, their stalls, a rider who we call Pia, and a grooming kit. Louisa has played with it endlessly. I assumed it was from Tada and Shay but, I found out two nights ago, it was from my mom. I should have known as she is so thoughtful with her gifts. But it is adding to our collection of toys where Louisa is starting to use her imagination to tell stories to us and herself. And of course, her obsession with all things horse-related has not subsided.

Yesterday we received a VDay present from Tada and Shay. Louisa loves Hello Kitty and calls everything with a cat a "Hello Kitty". Cleverly, they found a stuffed Hello Kitty and mug, very appropriate for Louisa's love of hot cocoa. We taped our opening of the gift last night:


Even more importantly, we received our Girl Scout Cookies last night. Now I have a policy that whenever I encounter a Girl Scout, I buy a box (AND YOU SHOULD TOO! unless you are low income, there is no excuse to be stingy when a kid is selling you something - we grew up with boy scout wreaths on our door, Catholic school cookie dough in our freezer, basketball pizza coupons in our drawers and, of course, Girl Scout cookies. I feel like there is a special punishment from the universe for people who turn kids down). We received an email from my moms' group regarding the daughter of a memeber selling cookies for her troop with the option of purchasing a box to be sent to the Troops overseas. So we bought three boxes for ourselves and one to be sent abroad (Samoas of course, because they are the best). But three boxes, we realized, are not nearly enough for this family. Even though Louisa alarmingly took one bite of her Samoa last night and put it down. Who is this child?! Luckily, she proceeded to eat a lot of pizza and I knew she was mine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment